Sunday, March 16, 2008

森林公園温泉が閉館する! Shinrin Kouen Onsen is closing?


Ah, man... not only did I just remember that I completely forgot about Pi Day, I just found out that my favorite neighborhood onsen bath is closing down. Yeah, 森林公園温泉 (Shin'rin-kouen onsen) is closing its doors in April. It is small, but the facilities are clean and the hot spring water a great way to relax after a hard day of squinting at my screen and typing.

My family really like going there to soak, and we've been going there almost every weekend. It is one of the nicest things about living out here in this corner of Sapporo. It's been just about one year since we moved here, and it is kind of sad to think about life without 森林公園温泉 . I hope that maybe only the management will change hands, and the bath water will continue to flow.

No comments: